Thursday, January 25, 2018

Nostalgia is a time greatly remembered - Travel with Me

I can remember it so clearly. One of my most favorite activities as a child would be sitting on my bedroom floor with one small box sitting in front of me that I could transform into a magical masterpiece of my choosing. This small box held the contents to creating anything from a unicorn to a clown face,  or maybe even just a simple flower. Each design created in different color pegs that would light up as soon as I plugged the small box into the electrical outlet. If you haven't guessed it yet, you probably weren't around in the 70's and 80's. :)

The Lite Brite was a simple light box, definitely the one and only I ever owned, and the pegs you could use to create your pattern were in all different colors so that when you plugged in the light box your personal creation came to life. I don't know how many hours I spent picking out the appropriate colors for each section an make sure they matched the template holes perfectly. I wanted to feel like an artist, and even though there were templates to follow, when the light came on and the template became "dark" you truly felt you had made something totally awesome. 


The Lite Brite, like many other toys from my childhood, have almost become a thing of the past. They may have reproductions and the modern style but they do not carry the nostalgic feeling of past memories made. The toys these days are all electronics and do-it-yourself kits that maybe last an hour before they just decorate your house in a scattered mess. Trust me I don't know who invented some of these kits but they definitely have a full time maid and don't understand that some of these things... just don't clean up that easily.

I wanted to provide you some awesome opportunities to snatch up some of the "toys from the past". Something that could truly bring your little one joy and probably some joy back to yourself , revisiting times when life always seemed good.  Check out these great deals and let me know in the comments what toys you remember 
playing with as a kid that you do not find anymore.










No comments:

Post a Comment